Make Birmingham an easier place to commute to, visit and travel through by getting people parked accurately and quickly. Expand the existing Smart Parking trial across the city, into a full operational service and develop the culture of compliant parking.
- Car parking operators
- Public transport providers
What makes this approach smart?
Making best use of data to provide accurate real-time information and allow drivers to make better decisions
- Review the Birmingham Mobility Action Plan to ensure planned coverage is aligned with its aims
- Develop the business case
- Scale up current pilot to cover the whole inner city
- Explore additional functionality e.g. residents permits
- Assess impact and feed into policy development
Wider rollout and exploitation in areas with high parking demand