These are actions which use smart approaches to make Birmingham a better place to live and work. You can find a written list and the the background through this pdf. Click on the links below to read the full action and comment on it if you wish.
Health and Social Care
- Action G1: Delivering new models of citizen centric digital health and care
- Action G2: Improve care co-ordination and planning between family, community and professional care givers
- Action G3: Services to improve digital skills of carers, cared for and older people to improve health & wellbeing
- Action G4: Challenge based social innovation programme for public health challenges
- Action G5: Visualisation of health and social care data to enhance knowledge and information and promote health & wellbeing
A city where new models digital health care, focussed on individuals, is making it easier for people to manage their own health and their own care. It allows them to make good use of data and for health professionals to better share the right information.
ICT and Energy Efficiency
- Action H1: Energy data (open data) and visualisation
- Action H2: Building Management
- Action H3: Estate Management Demonstrator
- Action H4: School premises – energy efficiency
- Action H5: Wellbeing and alleviating fuel poverty
- Action H6: Understand the benefits and implementation of intelligent energy
More decentralised energy production will be encouraged and supported with smart technology and infrastructure. This will lead to a more efficient use of local resources and greater control over the use of energy at home, at work and in public places.
- Action I1: Birmingham Transportation Data Platform and Innovation Competition
- Action I2: Air quality and noise improvement
- Action I3: Exploiting on-street way finding infrastructure
- Action I4: Junction Efficiency
- Action I5: Freight Capacity utilisation
- Action I6: Smart Street Lighting
- Action I7: Smart Parking
- Action I8: Mobility account and smart payments
Birmingham is easier to get around. A focus on better journey planning and information minimises congestion, time spent travelling and air and noise pollution. Whether on four wheels, two, on foot or public transport, get around is a better experience.